background





Thursday, November 11, 2010

Last Lap

Me & Dena at Nationwide race
For those of you who don't know, Dena and I are huge NASCAR fans.  It all started when Dena's dad invited me to spend the weekend with him camping and attending a race.  I was never a really a fan before that, but a weekend at the track had me hooked.  The racing is great, but I enjoy the relaxation and camping just as much.  After my experience, I wanted Dena to go and she liked it too.

Needless to say, we became fast fans and have had season tickets and a camping spot at Texas Motor Speedway for the last four years.  Twice a year we haul our pop-up camper out to the track and spend 3-4 days camping, watching races, and spending time together...it's kind of our getaway time.

This past weekend was the fall Texas race and it just happens to be our last trip to the track for a while.  We have decided to take a few years off because we want to use the money we spend to pay off some bills and because it is hard to leave Tucker for 3-4 days.  We hope to return once we are out of debt and Tucker can come with us and enjoy it.  We will definitely miss our time there, but we know that we will get back there in a year or two.

All that being said, we wanted to make the most of our weekend together at TMS...and it couldn't have been much better.  It was quite cold at night in the camper, but the weather during the day was absolutely perfect!  The racing was great and we were treated to probably the best race TMS has ever had on Sunday.  We got to hang out with some friends, visit, eat good food, and have some quiet time for just me and Dena.

My favorite driver, Kyle Busch




Kenny Wallace, he drove a car with Tucker's name on it!
 
James, me, & Dena at the Sprint Cup race

Dena's favorite driver, Denny Hamlin, won the race!

We can't wait until we get to return!


Trent

No comments:

Post a Comment