7 Ways You Can Help Fight CHDs
- Donate Blood - Any time! Almost all CHD warriors need blood or blood products at some point during their treatment, most need it multiple times. Find out ways to donate with Carter Blood Care. Or donate on Feb 12, 2011 at Medical City Children's Hospital from 10:00am - 4pm! Amazing Little Hearts will be there, join us! Many people donated blood for Tucker when he was in the hospital the first time, but this is needed constantly, so donate blood as often as they will let you!
- Donate Money - Research for CHDs is severely lacking, but the group doing the most for our kids is the Children's Heart Foundation. You can get more information about the Children's Heart Foundation and make a donation at www.childrensheartfoundation.org. You can also donate to two local organizations that are doing great things for local CHD kids: Amazing Little Hearts and the Chloe Duyck Memorial Fund
- Support A Group - like Amazing Little Hearts! Amazing Little Hearts CHD support group works very hard to take care of our CHD families and kids we do many things throughout the year, like providing necessities and meals to families who are on a prolonged hospital stay and donating toys for the kids to play with while in the hospital. Find out more information about how you can support ALH at: www.amazinglittlehearts.com.
- Become an Organ Donor - Check your driver's license. Is Organ donation noted? If not, sign up here. Click on 'Becoming a Donor'.
- Educate Others - Tell everyone you know about CHDs and share our story and others' stories. CHDs are devestating, yet many people don't know about them. If you are expecting or know someone who is expecting, get the baby's blood oxygen levels checked immediately after birth and again after 24 hours.
- Support CHD Families - If you are reading this, then you obviously play a role in supporting us and Tucker. You can find links to other CHD families in our "Resources" section. Make sure you leave us a message in the Guestbook when you visit, encouraging words are always great!
- Find Another Cause - While CHD research and awareness are very important to us, there are many other noble causes out there. If there is another cause that is near and dear to your heart, support it!
With love & Heart Hugs!
Trent, Dena, & Tucker